Position Type: Junior
Position Title: Account Associate
Position Start Date: August 6th 2019
Application Close Date: July 19th 2019
Talk Shop, Western Canada’s largest and most connected public relations firm, is looking to add to our talented team with the addition of an Account Associate on a contract basis to the Consumer and Lifestyle team. This team is leading PR, launch and ‘go to market’ campaigns designed for retail, consumer product, luxury, hospitality and beverage clients.
Account Associates play a crucial role at Talk Shop in supporting their Account Managers and Business Director on an exciting variety of accounts. Taking direction from the Business Director and/or Account Manager, the Account Associate is primarily responsible for the following: content writing, research and media list building, media and influencer outreach, and assisting with the development and execution of creative campaigns. A true training ground for those looking to sharpen their communications skills as a part of a collaborative team.
● Support and execute tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment for a variety of local and national clients
● Contribute to or complete tasks including creative writing and editing, media list building, pitching and media relations, event coordination, research and reporting, media monitoring, social media management and more
● Invest in and work to develop positive and lasting relationships with Talk Shop team members, clients and media
● Independently manage account priorities and balance deadline-driven workload with complete accuracy
● Support and contribute to creative brainstorming and strategy development
● Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, PR or another relevant field
● Strong knowledge or experience in communications or marketing
● Exceptional creativity – a great eye for a story, and ability to come up with creative ways to use communications to engage stakeholders
● Excellent writing skills – ability to weave current events, news, trends and data into insightful content for media consumption
● Ability to manage priorities and balance a deadline-driven workload with complete accuracy
● Extreme attention to detail – produces high-quality, client-ready work
● Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to contribute in a team environment, with both colleagues and clients alike
● Work hard-play-hard personality that values humility, ingenuity, humour and integrity
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation will be dependent on relevant experience and based on a 4- month contract position to start.
How to Apply
Email your resume with a cover letter and two writing samples to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Successful candidates will be contacted and while we appreciate the time required to apply, we ask that applicants do not call the office to follow up.