About the Role & Talk Shop
Talk Shop, Western Canada’s largest and most connected public relations firm, is looking to add to our talented team with the addition of an Account Associate to our growing Tech and Wellness group. This team services a number of tech clients in AR / VR / AI, cloud computing, fin-tech and restaurant tech, along with wellness clients such as fitness clubs, medical devices, and health supplements.
Account Associates play a crucial role at Talk Shop in supporting Account Managers and Business Directors on an exciting variety of accounts. Taking direction from the Business Director and/or Account Manager, the Account Associate is primarily responsible for the following: content writing, research and media list building, media and influencer outreach, and assisting with the development and execution of creative campaigns. Additionally, Account Associates may lead projects independently and support on business development as directed by the Business Director.
- Support and execute tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment for a variety of local and national clients
- Contribute to or complete tasks including media list building, creative writing and editing, pitching and media relations, event planning and coordination, research and reporting, media monitoring, social media management and more
- Invest in and work to develop positive and lasting relationships with Talk Shop team members, clients and media
- Independently manage account priorities and balance deadline-driven workload with complete accuracy
- Independently manage projects/accounts as required
- Support and contribute to creative brainstorming and strategy development
- Support Business Directors with business development/sales as required
- Post-secondary education in marketing, communications, PR or another relevant field
- Minimum of 1-2 years of PR experience
- Experience and deep knowledge of tech and wellness industries preferred
- Strong knowledge or experience in communications or marketing
- Exceptional creativity – a great eye for a story, and ability to come up with creative ways to use communications to engage stakeholder
- Excellent writing skills – ability to weave current events, industry news, trends and data into insightful content for online and media consumption
- Ability to manage priorities and balance deadline-driven workload with complete accuracy
- Extreme attention to detail – produces high-quality, client-ready work
- Excellent interpersonal skills – ability to contribute in a team environment, with both colleagues and clients alike
- Work hard-play-hard personality that values humility, ingenuity, humour and integrity
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation will be dependent on relevant experience. After 3 months of employment, the individual will be entitled to Talk Shop’s comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Enrolment in an extended health, vision/dental plan
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 1 work from home day/month
- Sick days and personal days
- Partial mobile phone reimbursement
How to Apply
Email your resume with a cover letter and two writing samples to email@example.com.
Successful candidates will be contacted and while we appreciate the time required to apply, we ask that applicants do not call the office to follow up.