Talk Shop Media | Social Account Manager
Talk Shop, a full-service, integrated communications agency, is expanding our social team with the addition of a Social Account Manager in our Toronto office. Leaders in traditional media relations, digital marketing, social media and experiential marketing, we work with brands looking to engage consumers, media, social and influencer marketing differently.
The Social Account Manager will join Talk Shop’s most rapidly growing division, contributing not only to client objectives, but to the growth of this business unit. The person in this role will lead digital content and execution strategy for a portfolio of clients, manage workflow and client communications, and oversee a team of social account associates.
Successful candidates will have a strong background in social content strategy, understanding of digital marketing elements such as SEO, SEM and more, and a solid grasp of targeting and tactics within Google and Programmatic Advertising. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and multi-faceted business environment and being comfortable in the “grey” are a must. Excellent copywriting and editing skills, a strategic brain, and a passion for staying current with digital and social trends are non-negotiable.
- Oversee social content strategy for a portfolio of clients including: social media audits, channel strategy/content plans, visual asset recommendations, ongoing content calendars and reporting
- Understanding of various elements in digital marketing such as websites, SEO, video, SEM and social media – well enough to select and recommend the right strategic tactics for our clients
- Solid grasp of targeting and tactics within Google Ads, Bing Ads, and paid social advertising (Facebook/Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) in order to guide teams working on their daily execution
- Oversee production of visual assets for all social clients (photo/ video/ graphics)
- Day-to-day management of Account Associates – workflow management, content planning, editing, support, including with execution as needed, and guidance as required
- Oversee client services for all social clients – client communications, check-ins, reporting, status reports etc.
- Plan, execute and oversee paid campaigns for clients
- Liaise between core PR account teams and social team
- Monthly reporting to clients
- 4+ years of social media/digital marketing experience
- 3+ years’ experience developing and leading social content strategy
- Strong copywriting skills
- Knowledge of paid social as well as paid digital campaign planning and execution within Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Google Ads, Bing Ads, and some programmatic experience
- Experience leading and developing a team
- Client/service-oriented – experience working in an agency setting considered an asset
- Ability to manage multiple team members, including creative resources (writers/designers/photographers) client relationships, and internal projects
- Experience with organizational and team performance management
- Ability to add structure and prioritize issues
- Organized and able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with a high level of attention to detail
- Photography/videography skills considered an asset
Compensation & Benefits
Compensation will be dependent on relevant experience. After 3 months of employment, the individual will be entitled to Talk Shop’s comprehensive benefits program, which includes:
- Enrollment in an extended health, vision/dental plan
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- 1 work from home day/month
- Sick days and personal days
- Partial mobile phone reimbursement
How to Apply
Email your resume with a cover letter and examples of past digital/social media strategies to email@example.com with the subject Social Account Manager